Discipline Lead Engineer (m/f/d) Civil
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The CTO (Chief Technology Officer) Community is responsible for ensuring that processes at our global production sites run safely and smoothly. It also has responsibility for planning, setting up, and developing our production plants.
Around 10.000 colleagues, experts and managers are working in the area of Production and Technology of which Global Project Engineering (GPE) is a strategic part of.
GPE is a group of highly motivated and experienced managers translating Covestro global business strategy into suitable real life assets developing and executing capital Investment projects as well as steering large, global contractors.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- You will be responsible to lead the civil, structural, architectural (CSA) as well as the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and construction (MEPC) area of medium to large scale projects
- Leading all technical aspects for facilities in relation to industrial buildings and their installation as well as optimization of capital investment projects will be your responsibility
- You will be in charge to prepare discipline-related engineering and technical tender documents
- Your task will also be to ensure the optimal interface/working relationship between vendors and providers
- In order to guarantee an optimal work split between internal and external engineering, you will be keeping an eye on a balanced workload
- Architects, engineers and designers who coordinate external consultants will be led by you to ensure an optimal execution of capital investment projects
- Your responsibility will be to provide service excellence for customers and support the development and retention of know how according to our strategy
WHO YOU ARE
- You have completed a university degree (MA/PhD) in structural/civil engineering and several years of professional experience, including all HOAI phases (1-9)
- You are experienced in the build-up of industrial facilities, combined with skills about relevant standards, regulation law and market know how and you provide a proven track record in capital project execution
- Working with different cultures is your passion and international mobility is an advantage for you
- It is easy for you to act as a motivating leader (m/f/d) through your appearance and your communication
- In order to develop innovative ideas and creative concepts, your expertise is in demand
- Your German and English skills are fluent, both written and spoken